May 3rd, 2010 § Leave a Comment
My Daily Newspaper is actually my blog roll. I really admire my associates in blogging. Bringing you insight, beauty and “fabulousity”, I landed on CFT411′s page this morning and fell in love with this desk.
March 3rd, 2010 § 6 Comments
Since last Friday, my stomach has been tied in knots hoping for a miracle for Chelsea King. Chelsea was last seen Thursday, Feb. 25. before heading out for a run after school. Her car was found at the Rancho Bernardo Glassman Community Park. Her cell phone, iPod and school clothes were found inside the car.
Source: “Strong Likelihood” Body Found Is Chelsea’s | NBC San Diego
tips to stay safe
- Always know where your children are.
- Put your children’s emergency identification (name, address, phone number) on their clothes.
- Teach your children your home phone number and to how call 911 if there is an emergency.
- Agree on a specific time when children must return home.
- Contact law enforcement authorities immediately if there is any suspicious or unlawful activity.
- Purchase and watch The Safe Side video with your children.
- Always tell your parents where you are going.
- Never enter any home without getting your parent’s permission first.
- Never get into any vehicle, unless your parents know and have said it’s OK.
- Always wear reflective clothing at night.
- Never approach any house that is not well lit.
- Remember anything weird that an adult says or does to you and tell your parents immediately.
- Run away from people who offer you candy or other treats or want you to help look for their puppy or kitten.
- Scream, run and fight if anyone tries to grab you or make you to go with them.
- Don’t play in areas that you are unfamiliar with.
- Stay on well-lit streets and always use the sidewalk. If there is no sidewalk, always walk facing traffic.
September 17th, 2009 § 2 Comments
Things are not what they appear to be on internet blogs. I send you over to Nicolette’s, “Comfort and Joy” Blog, to read her eye opening experience.
Of Scruples, Scams, Divas, and My Evil Twin
- “Oh what a tangled web we weave,
When first we practice to deceive!”
photo credit: Daniel Rozin’s Weave Mirror
September 15th, 2009 § Leave a Comment
Getting ready to remodel? I will point my readers in the direction of a “MUST READ” article posted by my friend Paul Anater of Kitchen and Residential Design about renovation expectations. I too have received the phone calls from clients who are in a state of panic over the tile going up, the color of the cabinets, the floor, the paint and so forth. Paul has made sane points, so with no further ado, I point you to Ready To Renovate? Take A Moment And Breathe First.
I highly recommend you print out these “10 Points of Reason ” when you feel like you are going to loose your mind. Print it, post it where you can see it, your bathroom mirror, outside the plastic wall of your remodel zone, your check book.
Remind yourself that long after the remodel is over with, the dust and muss is gone, what remains is a beautiful space. And above all else, remind yourself to breathe! Thanks Paul!
September 5th, 2009 § Leave a Comment
Adorable video. A little girl’s garden party.
Georgia’s b day! from joel serrato on Vimeo.
Sweetness and smiles, little girls playing dress up, cupcakes and tea parties. Simple pleasures…
May 17th, 2009 § Leave a Comment
Have you noticed…there are very talented individuals sharing their wealth of knowledge all over the internet. Hear is a briefing of what was said this past week in the world of kitchen and bath design and beyond.
Jamie Goldberg at Gold Notes has a fabulous posting on new bathroom products shown at KBIS this year.
Over at Kitchen and Residential Design, Paul Anater, has been obsessing over seamless kitchen sinks the same way I have been obsessing over faucets this week.
At KitchAnn Style, Ann Porter introduces the Calyx Hidden kitchen, a partnership between Italian furniture manufacturer, Dada, and Armani Casa on a new collaboration called the Calyx Kitchen.
Kelly Morrisseau at Kitchen Sync is sharing the latest information on water filtration systems.
Scott Shepard who dazzles us with the latest Cad technology innovations, over at It’s Alive in The Lab, blew my socks off with the technology preview called, Project Showroom. Is it a photo or is it a computer rendering? You decide.
Peggy Deras at Kitchen-Exchange offers up straight talk on finding an independent Kitchen Designer.
Susan Serra at, The Kitchen Designer, offers up Five Ways to Keep Excitement in your Kitchen. In need of a recharge? Read her easy tips to get a fresh perspective.
Our blogging friend from Honolulu, Susan Palmer introduces us to the Tonino Lamborghini Casa furniture line featuring a new Pedini manufactured exclusive kitchen over at her blog, Susan Palmer Designs.
Over at The Home Know It All, Randall weighs in on the Best Bath Flooring.
At Surroundings, Linda, Megan and Joni, talk about paint and color in interiors. You can now listen with the podcast feature. Way to go ladies!
Back at the Daily Tubber WaterSense discussion is the topic. If your water and energy bills have been too high for your liking, it might be time to test your WaterSense.